2017 “Take a Friend Hunting” Contest
These rules (the “Official Rules”) govern your participation in the “Take a Friend Hunting” Contest, which awards prizes to “mentors” (“you” or “entrant”) who take new or former hunters (“mentees”) out hunting. Please read these Official Rules carefully before submitting your entry. If you do not agree to the terms of these Official Rules, you should not enter. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
The “Take a Friend Hunting” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (“ODFW” or “Sponsor”) 4034 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE, Salem, Oregon 97302 and administered by Pac/West Communications (“Pac/West”). The Contest is open only to hunters who commit to mentoring an eligible new or former hunter in Oregon. Mentors must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and must hold a valid 2017 Oregon hunting license (the “hunting license”). Mentees must also be 18 or older at time of entry and hold a valid 2017 Oregon hunting license. To be eligible, mentees must also either have 1) never had a hunting license until 2017, 2) only had a hunting license in 2016 (e.g. a second year hunter) or 3) not had a hunting license in the past five consecutive years (i.e., since 2012). Both individuals must follow rules and regulations in the 2017 Oregon Big Game and Game Bird Hunting Regulations; this includes possession of all appropriate tags and validations by both the mentor and mentee. In a situation where only one of the hunters draws a controlled big game hunt tag, the hunter without a tag may accompany his/her friend on the hunt but may not hunt. This means the hunter without a tag should not carry a rifle in the field and cannot take a shot at the big game animal using their friend’s rifle. Hunters without a big game tag may carry a shotgun and hunt upland birds during valid bird seasons.
Employees of ODFW and Pac/West, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
No purchase necessary to enter. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning. Winner of statewide deer tag will be required to obtain the tag at the cost stated in 2018 Big Game Hunting Regulations.
Registration opens April 1, 2017 and will remain open until December 31, 2017. Prize drawings will be made by January 31, 2018.
How to Enter
To enter the Contest, you first must register online at http://www.oregonhunter.info/take-a-friend/. To register, participants (both mentor and mentee) must provide first and last name, email, phone number, hunter/angler ID number (printed on all ODFW documents), and confirm they have reviewed safety guidelines. Mentors can enter up to five times (i.e., they can mentor up to five separate people) but can only win one prize.
Prize drawings will take place January 5, 2018. The winners will be selected at random and notified by email or phone by January 12, 2018. Odds of winning are based on the number of Contest participants.
The following prizes will be awarded at the end of the Contest to randomly selected winners.
- Siberian Sidekick Cooler
Sponsored by Mule Deer Foundation
Retail Value: $200.00
- Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
Sponsored by Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Retail Value: $329.00
- Riflescope Vx-3 3.5-10x40mm Cds
Sponsored by Leupold
Retail Value: $690.00
- Sitka Timberline Jacket & Pants plus Sitka Cap in Open Country
Sponsored by Sitka
Retail Value: $608.00
- Sitka Hat, Hunter Orange Hat, King Camo Pullover, Scope Shield, Bino-System, License Holder And Stickers
Sponsored by Wild Sheep Foundation
Retail Value: $160.00
- Four $50 Gift Cards
Sponsored by Dicks Sporting Goods
Retail Value: $200.00
- Statewide Deer Tag
Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife
Retail Value: $[cost of 2018 deer tag] this prize is one of a kind and for many could be the hunt of a lifetime.
- Additional prizes to be added
Total prize value is $2,127.00. (March 29, 2017)
All prizes are non-transferable. No substitution may be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The statewide deer tag must be purchased by the winner for cost of 2018 deer tag and the winner will also need to obtain a 2018 hunting license to legally hunt with the tag.
- Winning is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules, including rules regarding eligibility for participation. The potential winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within seven (7) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release in order to claim a prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if necessary for any reason, including but not limited to non-compliance with these Official Rules, fraud or technical reasons including computer viruses, bugs, tampering, or any other technical failures. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries or for any problem with internet connection or technical problems that might hinder the ability of any person to enter the Challenge. Sponsor is not liable for typographical errors in these Official Rules or other promotional materials relating to the Contest.
- In the event of a dispute, the holder of the established email account with the account registered with OregonHunter.info shall be deemed the entrant. If the potential winner cannot be contacted by email or phone, or does not respond within ten (10) calendar days, or a notification is returned as undeliverable due to invalid email and/or phone number, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Sponsor does not provide any warranty with respect to the prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
- By accepting a prize, you consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use and publication of your name, hometown, likeness, photograph, voice, and statements in any media without further compensation or other consideration. Such use may be for editorial, public relations, promotional, or advertising purposes, or any other legal purpose as deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
- An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the SPONSOR’S WEBSITE SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the official rules have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any entry that occurs after Sponsor’s computer system has been compromised or failed for any reason is deemed a defective entry, is void and will not be honored. Participants are verified by the Sponsor confirming the mentor and their mentee have a valid 2017 hunting license and that the mentee meets eligibility rules.
- By entering the Contest, you release and hold harmless Sponsor, Pac/West, prize providers, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or technology, arising out of participation in the Contest, including the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
- Entrant shall defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor, its officers, directors, agents, employees, affiliates, and customers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and damages (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in connection with any breach of these Official Rules, and agrees that Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, or damages due to entrant’s acts, omissions, or breaches of these terms. In no way and no event will SPONSOR be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to Entrant’s participation in this CHALLENGE.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or errors in equipment or programming used in association with the execution of the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. If it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Oregon, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute arising out of the Contest will be resolved in the state and federal courts located in Salem, Oregon, and all parties consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- For winner information, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Attention: Take A Friend Hunting Contest, Pac/West, 8600 S.W. St. Helens Drive Suite 100, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070.
- All intellectual property used by Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Sponsor’s address:
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
4034 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE
Salem, Oregon 97302